Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A world with my hands

I Started working 2 weeks after my last college days and was a workaholic. Neither marriage, or motherinlaw changed the craze or seemed to slow me down. Then one day a bundle arrived that changed every thing. I was a mom, and taking care of the little one become my job. I was home bound and baby bound. People who become mothers will tell you that baby caring will take up all your energy and attention. Yes my busy toddler had me physically exhausted, but I craved a mental challenge, that I missed from my working days. I worked in the creative field back at work, Now I touched the computer only if I had to search something i needed to know for baby care. I found myself talking to my former office colleagues about babies, and other mothers with babies about my work. Things had to stop before I lost control. So I began my journey into painting . Every day for two hours (the time my baby slept in the afternoon)I painted and painted lost in the world of colors and thoughts, all my own , full of rich stories and ideas, and suddenly the dam had burst, I have now become a paint-o-holic, unable to stop doing projects after projects. Now all my spare time(something I find is getting even more scarce as my toddler requires even less nap time)is spent on creating a world with my hands.

No comments: