Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Glass painting 1






This was my first glass painting. This painting has elements of the Tanjore painting, but also has been influenced by the Buddhist Thangka art of Tibet. The design is my very own, a representation of Knowledge, as portrayed in the Hindu religion. At first I wanted the goddess represented as sitting on the hamsa. The mythical creature that is supposed to be able to separate true knowledge from the essence of the world, like separating milk from water. I later left it to be part of the veena that she holds. The lotus that she sits on is also supposed to be white, representing purity. But the pink represents the feminine, as opposed to white with represents purity, that is subjective. I wish I could have more control over the medium, but that skill will have to wait practice.

3 comments:

Parvath Reddy said...

wow aaamaazing !!!!

Thought Room said...

Thankyou!

Anonymous said...

It is fabulous.